Saturday, April 21, 2012

Rock Wars V: The Pulley Strikes Back


You know what sucks? Not climbing. 6 weeks ago I tore the A4 pulley in my left ring finger. It was bad. I haven’t climbed in 6 weeks, and I won’t be climbing for the next few months either. This is the third major injury I have had in my climbing career. In my 10 years of climbing, I have only really climbed 8, with 2 years taken off due to injury.

This injury was particularly frustrating for 2 big reasons:

#1 The day before the injury I had stuck the last hard move on the Hartmans Project (5.14b?) from the ground and fell crossing to the finish jug! HEARTBREAKER!!!

#2 It came out of NOWHERE. I had been taking plenty of rest days, and had never experienced any pain or tweaks in my fingers that would have warned me of impending injury. One second I felt like superman and the next second my climbing season was over. Total mind-#*@%!

I will be writing posts about my recovery process in case you are interested.

-Will Anglin

No comments:

Post a Comment